I just read an article written by Denis Waitley entitled, Keeping Yourself Healthy. Mr. Waitley begins with the advice to whistle while you work. Or in other words do your work with a smile on your face and a song in your heart expecting the best. Positive self-expectancy brings positive benefits. He writes of seven principles. If you put them to use every day you will super-charge your physical well-being.
1. Learn to listen to your body. Learn to tell the difference between genuine physical requirements and mere wants or cravings. If you are out walking on a hot day and your throat is parched, you really need a drink of water. But if you’re just passing through the kitchen and spy a tasty chocolate chip cookie, that’s something else again. Eat when you’re hungry only. According to Dr. Ozz a good way to tell if you are hungry or just having a food craving is to give yourself the apple test. Ask yourself if an apple would taste good. If you are hungry; yes, the apple would taste good. But if you’re having a food craving the answer will be, “No, I’d rather have the cookie or whatever you’re craving.” So eat whenever an apple would taste good, drink when you’re thirsty, and sleep when you’re tired.
2. Live in the present moment. Sieze the day! Many times we’ve heard athletic coaches talk about playing one game at a time? This sounds like a clich’e but is very sound advice. You cannot re-live yesterday and you cannot live in the future. Be alert for the opportunities that present themselves today. Don’t get so caught up in the “woulda, coulda, shoulda, and someday I’ll” that you miss the opportunities of today. In nature the trees, the flowers, and the animals are all sharply focused on being exactly what they are at the present moment. If we can just learn that lesson, if we can just let go of regret and fear, we take a huge step toward physical and emotional health
3. Learn to manage your energy. This means being alert and focused when it’s called for and relaxed and calm when the opportunity presents itself. The story of Jim Brown one of the greatest running backs in football history is a great example. He had the ability to manage his energy extremely efficiently. After being tackled, Brown used to get off the ground so slowly that you were sure he must have been severely injured. He would shuffle back to the huddle like a man badly in need of medical attention. But of course, this was all a deception. Brown was resting when he had the chance to rest; when he carried the ball again, he was like a runaway locomotive. This kind of self-management is characteristic of all peak performers. Learn to practice it in every area of your life.
4. Resist the ever-present temptations of anger and vindictiveness. Everyone has a million good reasons to be angry, but healthy and successful people find equally compelling reasons to be calm and happy. The physiological effects of anger on our health has been well documented. But aside from the havok anger brings to your health, anger is simply unpleasant for everyone around. We all admire those who remain calm and pleasant amid trying circumstances. Cultivate that calm and happy attitude. Let go of anger and you’ll live well and long.
5. Find your own values and live by them. Every day we absorb scores of messages telling us what to wear, what to eat, what to drive, what to feel and what to think. You are a unique gift God has given to the world. Have the courage to be yourself. Do what you choose to do based on your own inner values . Never do anything just because someone else wants you to do it. Don’t try to live anyone else’s dreams but live your own.
6. Learn to take off your judicial robes. At some level, each of us feels we ought to rule the world. As kings or queens of creation, we would quickly straighten out everybody’s mistakes and put things in good order. We all feel this way, but the wisest and healthiest recognize those feelings for the childish and superficial impulses they are. Condemning others is really an attempt to bring the rest of the world down to a level at which we see ourselves. The healthy solution is to raise our consciousness to a point where we enjoy being who we choose to be and let eyeryone else live their own lives without our judgment.
7. Trust that things always work out for the best. Do your problems seem overwhelming today? Well, two or three years ago, your problems probably felt the same way, but now you most likely can’t even remember what they were. Trust the unfolding of life. The possibilities for happiness and success are without limit. Nothing in this world is static. Everything is in a constant state of flux and life’s problems can and often do change in an instant.
Good health is one of life’s greatest gifts and learning to live by these seven principles can go a long way to living a long, successful and happy life.
For now, Earynn’s just sayin’
I really like what you guys tend to be up too. This kind of clever work and
coverage! Keep up the superb works guys I’ve you guys to blogroll.
Thanks for sharing such a good thought, paragraph is nice,
thats why i have read it entirely
Wow! At last I got a weblog from where I can truly take helpful information concerning my study and knowledge.
Hi, I do think this is an excellent web site. I stumbledupon it 😉 I
will return yet again since i have book marked it. Money and freedom is the greatest way to change, may you be
rich and continue to help other people.
Michael Kors Outlet
Having read this I believed it was really informative. I appreciate you finding
the time and energy to put this article together. I once again find myself spending
way too much time both reading and leaving comments. But so what, it
was still worth it!
Ahaa, its nice discussion on the topic of this post at
this place at this blog, I have read all that, so now me also commenting here.
michael kors outlet store
I have read so many posts about the blogger lovers however this article is truly a
nice piece of writing, keep it up.
discussion on the topic of this post here at this blog, I have read
all that, so at this time me also commenting here.|
I am sure this post has touched all the internet users,
its really really pleasant piece of writing on building up new webpage.|
Wow, this post is nice, my sister is analyzing such things, so I
am going to inform her.|
bookmarked!!, I like your blog!|
Way cool! Some extremely valid points! I appreciate you
michael kors outlet clearance
Hey there outstanding blog! Does running a blog like this take a great deal of work?
I’ve virtually no expertise in coding but I was hoping to
start my own blog soon. Anyhow, should you have any ideas or techniques for new blog owners please
share. I understand this is off subject nevertheless I just needed to
Here is my page :: fb ads deuces cracked review – http://fbadscracked.wallinside.com,
Hello, I think your site might be having browser compatibility issues.
When I look at your blog in Chrome, it looks fine
but when opening in Internet Explorer, it has some overlapping.
I just wanted to give you a quick heads up! Other then
that, superb blog!
My web blog – Sprinkler Repair Parker CO
michael kors handbags outlet
My brother suggested I may like this blog.
He was once totally right. This submit actually
made my day. You cann’t believe simply how a lot time I had spent for this info!
sneakers louboutin femme pas cher
Thanks very nice blog!
I’ve been browsing on-line more than three hours nowadays,
yet I by no means found any attention-grabbing article like yours.
It’s pretty worth enough for me. Personally, if all site owners and bloggers made excellent content
material as you did, the internet will be much more helpful
than ever before.
Spot on with this write-up, I honestly feel this website
needs a great deal more attention. I’ll probably
be back again to read through more, thanks for the info!
Way cool! Some very valid points! I appreciate you penning this
write-up and also the rest of the website is very good.
coach factory site
Saved as a favorite, I like your blog!
cheap michael kors
This is a very good tip especially to those fresh to the blogosphere.
Short but very precise information… Thank you for sharing this one.
A must read article!
My blog post :: WhatsApp PC
I just could not leave your web site prior to suggesting that I actually enjoyed the
usual information a person provide in your guests? Is gonna be back
regularly to investigate cross-check new posts
I leave a response each time I especially enjoy a post on a site or I have something to add to the discussion.
It is a result of the passion communicated in the post I read.
And after this article This Year Let