Look out your window and you’ll see the evidence. The little crocus were first to show their dainty petals. The daffodils are now in full bloom as are the Apricot trees. The tulips are getting ready to show off their beautiful colors. Signs of God’s promise of renewal are seen everywhere. A month ago my yard looked bleak…..and now bright colors are popping up everywhere I look. Life is like the seasons…ever changing….always evolving.
In 1965, the Byrds released their hit song, Turn, Turn, Turn. The song was almost entirely written from the Old Testiment. As our seasons change it is good to remind ourselves that life is, indeed, based on seasons:
Esslesiastes 3: 1 – 8
1. To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven:
2. A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
3. A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
4. A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
5. A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
6. A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
7. A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
8. A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.
Now is the season of springtime! I am so happy to see it come. It feels so good to feel the warmth of the sun. I love getting my hands in the dirt and grounding my feet in the garden. I learned to love gardening from my sweet Mom. She loved her roses which she called by name. Peonies were a favorite, but most of all she loved her iris. When I look at these beautiful flowers I see Mom’s face smiling from the center of each bloom. And my heart silenty says, “I love you, Mom.”
For now, Earlynn’s just sayin’; “It’s spring! Get out into nature and rejuvenate you sagging spirit.”